Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day 6

Saturday, January 21 there was supposed to be a Mobility Clinic today at the gym. But we had about 5 inches of snow so it was postponed and replaced with just an open gym. I went at 9am, worked on double unders for 25 minutes or so. Still not consistent but getting better. I then spent some time doing my 5-3-1 program for the dead lift and then worked on my form for a squat clean. Went for a 1RM and got a new PR at 155. Back to some more double unders and finished for a 2500 meter row. Had a good time and felt like I learned a bit.

Food Today:

About 8am I had an Ezekiel 4:9 Organic Sprouted Whole Grain English Muffin with hemp seeds, cinnamon and Almond Butter. Black coffee (half decaf) and some water.

After leaving the gym I realized I forgot the protein shake I made in the garage when I cleaned the snow off my car so I ate a KIND bar on the drive back home and had the shake when I got home.


Went and shoveled out my grandmother and then had lunch. Left over curry lentils, baby spinach and roasted sweet potatoes. And water of course.

About 4:00 I had a banana with almond butter.

Neither my wife or I wanted to cook so we decided to get some take out. Wrestled with where to order and what to get. Thai was selected. Wife and Daughter got veggie sushi and I got Tofu Satay (no sauce), 1/3 an avocado, steamed broccoli (made at home). I also ordered some Miso soup but on the drive to make the pick up I talked my self out of it due to the high sodium. I just ate the tofu and seaweed out of it. The Tofu Satay is lightly fried tofu skins with bean sprouts and cucumber in it.

Felt great today at the gym and with all the snow shoveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment