Friday, January 20, 2012

Official Weigh in and BF% Calculation

We all got our official stats taken at the start of all this. This was done by Coach Dan weighing us at the gym and doing a multiple location fat caliper reading. He crunched the numbers....


My Body Fat was calculated to be: 19%
My Weight was: 171.6 lbs. 
I am 5' 10" tall and 41 years of age.

I never really knew my BF%, we have a new scale that calculates it and at Xmas it was at 23%, on Sunday (when Coach Dan took the readings) it was 22%. Not sure how that correlates to what was calculated, but the range given by Dan, is shifted a few % points lower than what came with the scale so it's all probably similar based on the given charts.
Bottom line...my body fat is not great. I am interested to see what can be done in 30 days to both of those numbers. We'll see in 25 days.

1 comment:

  1. Every different method of BF measurement will give you a different number. And, some methods pare more accurate than others. The method we used on Sunday is considered one of the most accurate at +-3%. Your scale probably has a greater margin of error. Either way, you've set a baseline and can now see changes to that baseline over time.

    Also, now that you have a weight and a measurement of body fat, you can calculate your lean body mass (100% - BF%) x weight = LBM

    ReplyDelete